What is a digital wallet? A digital wallet is a more convenient, secure way to bring all your numerous accounts and cards together. You then do not have to reach for your wallet when making a purchase. This is an application on your cell phone, tablet or computer which allows you to make secure payments online, within apps or in the store with merchants that can accept a digital wallet transaction.
- Eliminates the need to take out your wallet and use your physical card to purchase.
- Reduces the risk of fraud in digital channels.
- Saves you time while you are at the cashier counter by simply holding your phone over the payment terminal and initiating the purchase.
- Shop on the go online as you will not have to type in your card numbers to complete a purchase.
- on qualifying Apple® products (iPhone®, iPad®, Apple Watch®, etc.)
- Add your HTB card to your Apple Pay®
- Online only digital wallet for Mastercard which you can register for on masterpass.com
- Add your HTB card to your Masterpass™
In a digital wallet, your card number is translated into its own unique token, or in other words, a secret identity. These tokens are similarly set up like a card number; however, they can be anywhere from 13-19 digits in length, and will change each time you use your digital wallet in a transaction. Cardholders may benefit in reduce fraud because the token number is exposed on your digital wallet instead of your physical card’s number. The only individuals who know the card number is the cardholder, the bank and the token’s service provider. Any data breaches to a company where you have used your digital wallet should not be of threat since that company will only have your token number in their transaction list, not your card number.
- May I have more than one HomeTown Bank debit card in my digital wallet?
- Yes, but you may only have one card set as your default card.
- What HomeTown Bank debit cards can I add in my digital wallet?
- Consumer, business and HSA debit cards from HomeTown Bank are eligible to be added to your digital wallet.
- How do I know if I can use my digital wallet at a merchant?
- In-Store: You are able to use your digital wallet if the terminal has the contactless pay option activated with the logo on it.
- Online: After you have found your new items online, proceed through the checkout system selecting your preferred wallet’s logo to log in and pay.
- If my HomeTown Bank debit card is cancelled due to fraud or being lost/stolen, can I still use my digital wallet to make a purchase with my HomeTown Bank debit card?
- No, you will be unable to make purchase through your digital wallet if your card is cancelled. Once you receive your replacement card, you can go on your digital wallet and add your new card number.