Sometimes we need a place to get away and unwind, a place to build memories that can last a lifetime. A vacation home can provide you with the retreat you deserve. They come in all shapes and sizes, from an all season’s lakefront home to a seasonal cabin in the woods. Whether you dream of the quiet and seclusion of a cabin in the forest, or the lakefront home where you can soak your feet and watch the kids play, HomeTown Bank has a loan that can make that dream come true. Turn your someday into TODAY! Stop by or give us a call, and our Lender will get right to work to help you start enjoying the perfect vacation home.
HomeTown Bank offers Traditional and Roth IRA plans to help you with your retirement needs.
What is the best IRA plan for you?
- Traditional IRA – When you contribute to a Traditional IRA, the investment may be tax deductible and earnings can potentially grow tax deferred until you withdraw in retirement.
- Roth IRA – With a Roth IRA, contributions are made with money you have already paid taxes on, so your money may qualify to grow tax free, and withdrawals will be tax free when you retire provided you meet certain qualifications.
DO YOU HAVE A HIGH DEDUCTIBLE HEALTH PLAN?
You may qualify for an HSA account.
You are eligible if you’re:
- Covered by an HSA-eligible health plan
- Not covered by other health insurance
- Not enrolled in Medicare
- Not claimed as a dependent on another’s tax return
What are the benefits of an HSA?
- Funds can be used tax and penalty free to pay for IRS-qualified medical expenses*
- Generally, funds can be used by you, your spouse or dependents for IRS-qualified medical expenses even if they are not covered under your health plan*
- Contributions may be tax deductible*
- Earnings may be tax-exempt*
- Money saved carries over from year to year
- After age 65, HSA funds may be used for any purpose without a penalty, taxes may apply*
*Consult with a tax adviser regarding your specific HSA eligibility.
HomeTown Bank continuously strives to make your experience with our bank the best it can be. To make this happen, we have been updating and changing various computer systems.
We are currently working on improving our bank statement process. While we convert from one system to the other, there will be a short period of time when your images and bank statements prior to October 24th will not be accessible through our Internet Banking system. When the update is complete, everything will once again be available. During this period, if you need a copy of a check or a statement, your local branch can provide it.
Thank you for banking at HomeTown Bank, and thank you for your patience as we make improvements to your banking experience!
What is identity theft?
Identity theft is the unauthorized use of someone’s personal information (e.g. social security number, bank account information, and credit and debit card numbers) usually for the purpose of financial gain. Identity theft is a serious crime that can be costly and also cause serious damage to a person’s credit history.
How do criminals steal your identity?
If your personal information is stolen, what can criminals do with that information?
How can you protect yourself from being a victim of identity theft?
- Protect your important papers by locking them in a safe place and shredding documents that include personal identifying information
- Keep your Social Security Number, bank account information, etc. secure and never give out to anyone unless you initiate the contact
- Be aware of online scams and impersonators
- Protect your computers and mobile devices by making sure your anti-virus software is up-to-date and by not clicking on links or downloading files sent by someone unknown to you
What should I do if I have been a victim of identity theft?
What is a surcharge fee? A surcharge fee is a fee that is charged to cardholders by the owner of an ATM. The fee can be up to $5.00 per transaction! If you use your debit card to get cash at non-HTB ATMs, those fees can add up.
In addition to Shazam, HomeTown bank participates in MoneyPass ATM Network so our customers have the advantage of a larger network of surcharge-free access to ATMs. MoneyPass ATM’s are available throughout the United States and Puerto Rico. To easily find a MoneyPass ATM near you, use the link available on our website on the Resources page. MoneyPass also offers the MoneyPass ATM Locator app for your smartphone; simply download the app from your app store and the next time you need to find a nearby MoneyPass ATM, just type in the local zip code or use current location feature.
“I like the new mobile application. Nice addition.”
“First blush, looks like you guys have done a very good job; looking forward to learning all features and options. Glad to part of a progressive institution.”
- iPhone users can enjoy the new Touch ID feature on their mobile devices. Users can go through this process to setup their fingerprint as their password to their account.
- With the automated e-statement sign up, customers can change to e-statements the first time they login to their accounts using the new internet banking website.
- In the past, if a customer forgot their password, he or she had to call the bank for a temporary password. The new internet banking system gives that control back to the customer with the “Forgot Password?” option in the login drop-down menu.
Not signed up for Internet Banking yet? Our new Internet Banking lets you enroll by yourself online without having to contact the bank! Are you a business customer interested in cash management? Contacted your local branch to get signed up today!
Within HomeTown Bank’s secure mobile app, you are able to deposit checks in the convenience of your own home! To do so, sign into our mobile app, select the option to deposit checks, take photos of the front and back of your check, and confirm the dollar amount. Just make sure you sign the back of the check, or else it will get rejected within the bank’s processing routine! With new checks, some offer a spot on the back to check showing it was deposited via a mobile device. Use this checkbox to help track whether you have already deposited the check or not.
- Save time and avoid unnecessary trips to the bank
- Maximum security with SSL encryption and multi-factor authentication
- Poor images and duplicate deposits attempts are quickly rejected
- Additional fees may apply
- Must be enrolled in online banking
- Available to iPhone and Android users
Want to know more about our mobile deposit? Stop in and chat with a personal banker today!
Do you know what you should be doing to be ready for Medicare?
Medicare is the federal health insurance program for people who are 65 or older, certain younger people with disabilities, and people with End-Stage Renal Disease (permanent kidney failure requiring dialysis or a transplant, sometimes called ESRD). It is worth your while to find out what your options are? Medicare is a time sensitive subject. You don’t want to wait until after you turn 65 to find out you are too late.
Please call one of our licensed agents today to schedule an appointment to get a head start. Colleen McCabe (Cleveland) 507-934-2824, Lynn Wilmes (Le Sueur) 507-665-7357 and Sue Felmlee (Henderson) 507-248-3216.