HomeTown Bank has partnered with SHAZAM®, our debit card provider, to handle all debit card disputes. Having SHAZAM® handle the disputes allows us to utilize the expertise of their team in this every-changing process.
- The primary cardholder is responsible for filing a dispute and providing detailed information about the transaction.
- Once your call is received by the SHAZAM® Dispute Department, they will open a claim and will begin an investigation.
- During regular business hours, HomeTown Bank will apply a temporary credit to the account upon receiving notification from SHAZAM® a claim was made. The customer service representative for SHAZAM® will provide you with an estimated time frame for their completion of the investigation.
- As the dispute process continues, you will be asked to provide supporting documents and signatures.
- SHAZAM® will contact you following the investigation with their final decision.
Do you have a transaction you do not recognize position to your account?
When you do not recognize a transaction ask yourself the following questions:
- Did another authorized person on your account (like a spouse or child) make this transaction?
- Is this a purchase you made recently for future use, like travel plans?
- Is this an annual or monthly payment, like a magazine subscription, you may have forgotten about?
- Did you make a charitable contribution?
If you answered NO to these questions, then call SHAZAM® and file a dispute.
When you report a dispute, the following information may be helpful to have on hand, if applicable:
- The date you contacted the merchant along with the merchant’s response and name of person you spoke to.
- Tracking numbers, contacts, and/or service agreements.
- Date you returned item(s) or canceled service along with cancellation/confirmation numbers.
If you feel more comfortable speaking with a HomeTown Bank Customer Service Representative our staff would be more than happy to help you contact the SHAZAM® Dispute Department to initiate your call.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding SHAZAM® Dispute Resolution Services, please contact your local branch office.